On saturday I had a full day to explore Oslo. My room is in the city, so I decided to walk everything. I walked without a map, without any idea where I was going. Every street that seemed nice I took. I managed to reach the sea, where I had my lunch. I had a beautiful view on the fjords. I was being attacked by some seagulls (they wanted my lunch) but with that view I didn't mind. When I got home I looked on the map to see which route I walked. I had seen quite a big part of the city. 'The opera house' was the most original building. We could climb on the roof and we had a beautiful view! (btw: the weather was amazing)
On sunday the weather was pretty bad. A lot of fog, rain and wind but I had made up my mind. I walked to Kringsja. That's studentvillage where most of my classmates lived. I went to see Sandra and Annika. They welcomed me with some pancakes and they said I was crazy to walk 1,5 hour uphill, to see them. I spent the rest of the day at their place!
Monday, first lessons! The subjects were very interesting. We started with folktales especially Norwegian folktales. The stories are so beautiful. After class I went to IKEA with Sandra, Annika and Jennifer. We spent the entire afternoon in IKEA. We decided to have our dinner there too.
Fun fact: everything is so expensive in Oslo, the only free thing is the bus to IKEA. I was joking that I was expecting a blue bus with yellow letters. My joke wasn't so funny anymore because it was the truth!
Today (wednesday) we had the first drama lesson. By the end of the course in Oslo we'll have to perform again. This time with our body. After class we had to take the bus to the folk museum. It's a very lovely museum. It's a bit like 'bokrijk'. You can see the original buildings from the 1800's and a stale church built in 1200 AD. The church was beautiful! We couldn't enter this one but I hope I'll see one that we can enter.
We also visited the viking museum.
After the visits I walked home. It was a nice walk through woods and next to the coast.
Greetings from Oslo
Ps: I've seen the shop called 'TESS' on the way to 'IKEA'! whoohoo!
Nog nooit in Oslo geweest, maar wat je schrijft komt toch zo bekend voor van ons ander stukje Noorwegen dat we gezien hebben! Wisselvallig weer, staafkerkjes, en de Tess-winkel :p
BeantwoordenVerwijderenGeniet van jullie weekendje samen!